Thursday, February 1, 2024

Feb. 1, 2024 Update

 

Colleen was visited by Respiratory therapy, Occupational therapy and Physical therapy this morning.  She is tuckered out and napping now, a bit after noon.  She had a huge burst of pain when P/T tried to help her get out of bed.  She had gotten to the toilet with a nurse helping earlier, but pain control ebbs and flows.  After an IV pain med, she was able to get out of the bed and sit in a chair for a decent length of time.

 

Def will not be going home today.  There are goals that must be met first.  Getting out of bed, though with my help it seems.  Navigating one step as we have one between the garage and the house.  They are happy that we have the walkers and the railing in the house.

 

There will be, it seems, therapy at home, which she wants.  Insurance covers it, we just need a letter from the doc and a decision on what the needs are.

 

Recovery time is estimated at two months.  No driving for at least a month. No twisting or bending or picking up more that 8-10 pounds.

 

That’s it for now, more later.

 

 

No Visitors

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

As I drove home tonight, I paid attention to how often I twisted while driving. I’m glad she won’t be driving for awhile! Thanks for taking notes and all of the updates. Love you both!

February 1, 2024 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home