Saturday, April 16, 2016

4/16/16 9:30am


John didn't sleep well last night.  His hands and arms are still really puffy, so someone thought it might be a good idea to give him lots of diuretics.  Well, it worked, he lost 6 pounds, but he was up all night.  Now, I could understand it if he still had his catheter, but that was removed several days ago. 

We are still in Cardiac ICU which is fine with me.  It is beautiful here and the view is looking over the water.  The boats have been out this morning and I am enjoying them

We went for a walk, a full lap this morning.  Yesterdays walks were 3/4 laps, so even sleep deprived he is stronger.  When we got back to the room, breakfast was here.  I had ordered the fresh fruit plate that worked so well yesterday as well as some bacon and eggs which he thought would be good to try.  As soon as I took the lid off the bacon and eggs he became nauseated.  I quickly covered it up and took it out of the room.  His nurse just came in to give him his anti rejection meds and told us she is going to put a note on the door to not enter for the next hour.  He is sleeping now, hope he feels better when he wakes up.  

Colleen

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennica said...

Following every update! You are such a wonderful caretaker Co! Don't forget to take care of yourself too! Hugs for you both.

April 16, 2016 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home