4/14/16 5:45pm
I went to our Transplant Support group downstairs
today. John so wanted to go, but not
yet. It was very interesting. Johns surgeon, Dr Smith, gave a presentation
of the "Heart in a Box", of which we were in a clinical trial
for. Our heart was located close enough
that they did not use the box to transport.
While I was gone John was taken down to Radiology for a CT scan
of his head. There was a little concern
that something was going on in his head since that left hand was so weak. It has improved overnight, but they still
wanted to check it out. Preliminary
results show that everything looks normal.
When I came back I ordered his lunch. He was cleared for other liquids so I ordered
the pureed chicken noodle soup, fruit and a lemon ice. The soup was a disappointment, his taste buds
must be off. He had three slices of
canned fruit and the lemon ice. A bit of
Coke is back on and he took a couple of sips.
Now he takes his pills by mouth.
Then he wanted to shave, the first since Monday. While he was shaving, in walks Occupational
Therapy. She was impressed. Then they worked on face and hand washing as
well as teeth brushing. His hands and
arms are still really puffy, so he has a challenge holding things like a
toothbrush.
The PICC line will take the place of the Central Line that
was placed in his neck during surgery.
It will be used to draw blood as well as give IV medicines. There is less chance of infection with the
PICC line as with the Central line. He
will not be moving today since the Central Line is still in. That should be taken care of tomorrow. I would love for him to stay here, this is a
brand new wing and the other one is at least 50 years old.
The Infectious Disease doctors were here this
afternoon. They too are pleased with the
progress made.
Pain has not been an issue at all today. He still sleeps a lot while trying to rid his
system of all the pain meds he needed through yesterday.
Colleen

2 Comments:
What an inspiration you are to all of us. We so missed the McLeans at the breakfast this AM, but you were on everyone's minds Colleen your reports on how things are going are truly wonderful . I feel like we are all a little part of John's team. We only wish that we could be a little more help to you both. In the meantime take care of yourselves. I know Pete is going to try to come to see you with all of our best thoughts and love.
Thinking of you both! Thank you so much for all the updates! Please give each other a big hug for me. Sending love and continued prayers your way! Please send word if you need anything! Love, Joanne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home