Wednesday, April 13, 2016

4/13/16 4:45pm


I thought I had a good night sleep last night, but my fitbit says otherwise.  It shows that I slept 3 hours 59 minutes with 35 times awake and 35 times restless.  Maybe tonight.

Pain continues to be a problem, especially in his shoulder blades.  That has always been his sore spot with his open heart surgeries.  His sternum doesn't seem to be painful for him.  They just upped his morphine which is working, but doesn't last long.  Next dose we are going to try a pill which should last longer.  He was up for over two hours now, so we got him back in bed.  Fifteen minutes later, who should show up?  PT, go away, come back in an hour.`

They are concerned about John aspirating liquids, so he can only drink water.  No Coke, dang.  Then he can have soft foods like cheese, applesauce or pasta.  He doesn't have much of an appetite, but is giving it a real good try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Joan said...

Thanks for the updates. I check often to see how he is doing and know what to pray for.

April 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home