Wednesday, April 13, 2016

4/13/16 2:15pm


This morning John was very strong standing up and getting to his chair.  After 30 minutes he said he wanted to go back to bed.  Apparently that was not in the plan for today.  They said one hour more.  I bribed with Coke, his one vice, which he enjoyed.  By the time came to go back to bed, he was exhausted.  So much that when they asked him to step backward towards the bed, he didn't know forward from backward and they had to move the bed to him since he couldn't get there on his own.  He got comfortable in bed and in walks Physical Therapy.  HELL NO!  Once I got everyone out of the room I closed the door.  If there was a lock, I would have locked it.  For the next hour no one is coming in if it can be delayed. 

He  woke up after 40 minutes.  Over an hour ago he got back in the chair and had some chicken broth and pudding, a small sip at a time. Now the Speech Therapy folks are here to do a swallow study.  They are a little concerned about his choking after he swallows.  He has not requested to get back in bed, so that is progress.

Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home