Monday, April 11, 2016

7:45 pm update 4/11/16


Clifford (our favorite LVAD coordinator) just left us in the waiting room.  The LVAD is still in place, but will be removed soon.  The heart just arrived, so he is on the bypass machine now, they like to limit the amount of time on bypass.  John is the 17th heart transplant here this year and number 709 in the history of the UWMC.  He expects it will be another 4-5 hours until all is done, it will be a late night.  Clifford asked us if we wanted any photos, Jen said yes.  I don't think I'm ready for that.
John is age 66 3/4 today.  The beginning of a new day to celebrate.

We did learn that the heart we were offered on April 2nd was implanted here.  I'll post more when I remember more!

Colleen and Jennifer

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Feel all of our hugs around you and even more prayers!

April 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home