4/15/16 9pm
It was a tiring afternoon for John. He walked three times today, which
considering he hadn't walked since Monday was a lot. He also sat in his chair four times. In bed, he slept really well. Not as many hiccups today, maybe because his
gut is starting to move. He has found that
when he starts hiccupping if he flattens the bed they seem to go away quicker.
Both Dr Mokadam (he placed the LVAD last summer) and Dr
Smith (transplant surgeon) visited this afternoon and were pleased.
Yesterday they started giving John small pills by mouth,
which he tolerated well. Today they
tried his Potassium, horse pills. Both
this afternoon and this evening he threw them up, so they have switched to IV
Potassium for now.
This afternoon he asked me to order a fresh fruit
plate. He was tired of canned pears and
peaches, and what we got was great. It
had grapes, cantaloupe, honey dew melon and an orange slice. It was perfect and he ate almost all of it.
He was doing well and very tired, so I decided to come home
while it was still light out. I stopped
for gas, watered the pots, filled the bird baths and even dead headed some
tulips. Maybe I'll even go to bed at a
decent time tonight. I am feeling better
every day, as he is getting so much better.
We have a long way to go, but we are well on our way.
I read to him a bunch of your emails and comments today,
they made him smile. Thank you.
Good night,
Colleen

1 Comments:
Great news! Glad he is doing better. Sounds like the food was edible today. How long do you expect him to be in hospital? Others were asking tonight.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home