Thursday 12/21
We have been home just under 24 hours and things are going well. I am very busy with IV treatments and wound care. The IV's are every 8 hours and I do very well with them. The wound care is very difficult, but so far each one has gotten easier, and I shed fewer tears. It is so hard to hurt the one you love.
The first procedure of the day starts at 6 AM and the last one starts at 11 PM, so sleep is something I am not getting enough of. I'll try harder tonight.
John slept well last night, in fact so well that he neglected to take a pain pill during the night. That made the morning wound care a bit more difficult. He also was able to take a couple of good naps today. The sun was shining this morning, so we went for a short 15 minute walk, it was good to get out.
Tomorrow I am going to work and will take my lunch break when he needs his 3 PM IV. Wound care will be before and after work, so you probably won't hear from me. The evening routines keep us especially busy, but John might be able to drop you a line during the day.
As always, thanks for your prayers and kind words.
Colleen and John
The first procedure of the day starts at 6 AM and the last one starts at 11 PM, so sleep is something I am not getting enough of. I'll try harder tonight.
John slept well last night, in fact so well that he neglected to take a pain pill during the night. That made the morning wound care a bit more difficult. He also was able to take a couple of good naps today. The sun was shining this morning, so we went for a short 15 minute walk, it was good to get out.
Tomorrow I am going to work and will take my lunch break when he needs his 3 PM IV. Wound care will be before and after work, so you probably won't hear from me. The evening routines keep us especially busy, but John might be able to drop you a line during the day.
As always, thanks for your prayers and kind words.
Colleen and John

2 Comments:
Just a quick hello. Am glad to hear you are fairing well. We'll call over the holiday. Kaitlin bought us tickets for Phantom as a Christmas gift, so she, Harrison, Bob and I are heading into Philadelphia today. We're very excited.
Colleen, you are doing an amazing job caring for John and we are so grateful to you. John, I know things are difficult, but continue to hang in there. You are in excellent hands - both from above and here at home!
Love you cousin!
Barb
Hi Colleen and John: I will try posting this comment (2nd time - who knows what happened the lst time!)
I was so surprised to get the e-mail with this blog and all the info - we had no idea that you were going through all this!!!
It sounds like things are getting under control - and with Colleen in charge - there is no doubt that everything will turn out well! (that is a compliment, Colleen!!!)
What an ordeal - hang in there - and don't forget to have a Merry Christmas....
Peggy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home