We're home!!
What a surprise, they released us this afternoon. It is amazing how he changed after that packing was removed this morning. After lunch I learned how to care for John's incision. Wow, nurses are so special, they do this every day. I just hate hurting John, but is what I agreed to when I said "in sickness and in health". So this is something I will do twice a day.
Then the home nursing company came to the hospital to teach me how to care for and dispense John's IV meds. That will be every 8 hours, next time at midnight.
It will be a busy evening for us, after dinner I'll bag both of his arms (right elbow is the wound, left arm is the pic line) then it is shower time then I'll care for the wound again.
I'm not expecting to send another report today, but will check in with you tomorrow.
Colleen
Then the home nursing company came to the hospital to teach me how to care for and dispense John's IV meds. That will be every 8 hours, next time at midnight.
It will be a busy evening for us, after dinner I'll bag both of his arms (right elbow is the wound, left arm is the pic line) then it is shower time then I'll care for the wound again.
I'm not expecting to send another report today, but will check in with you tomorrow.
Colleen

4 Comments:
Wow! I'm so glad you are home. What an ordeal! I pray that things will continue to get better and the healing will be swift.
Of course, I hope you'll be able to come for Christmas, but if that is not wise, I'll manage to deal with the disappointment.
Love you both, nan
So glad your're home. Will keep on praying!!Keep up the good work Colleen!
Love, Sr.Rita Louise
We'll try this again. Co, you are doing a superb job, and I know it isn't easy. Isn't it amazing how much they send home, stuff that used to be done by nursing staff. They just assume anyone can do it. Maybe they can, but you are special!
Now to a good night's sleep,
Mick, Georgette and Lexi
How wonderful you are home - especially with Christmas just around the corner. Thank God you are doing so well!!! So much to be grateful for this Christmas, not to mention every other day.
I'll give you some time to rest up and regain your strength and I'll call to wish you well and catch up.
Love you very much, cousin!
Barbara
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home