Sunday, December 17, 2006

Saturday Evening Update

I just got home from the hospital and John is doing well. When I got home from work this afternoon John's arm had gotten much redder and swollen. We decided to call the doctor and he suggested we go to Emergency at the hospital to get on an IV drip. The oral antibiotic wasn't doing its job. The plan was to give him an IV that would last 12 hours, then go back in tomorrow morning at 6 and again tomorrow evening at 6. Sounded like a good plan to all of us.

About 4:30 he started 60 minutes of a drip. About 45 minutes into it he became very flushed, the doctor said it was 'Red Man Syndrome'. Then he became very cold and shivery. Due to his artificial valve and other heart issues it was determined that he should stay overnight. He is looking forward to a good and pain free night sleep, and I think he will sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home