Friday, May 6, 2016

5.6.16 update


 
So medical results are in.  The biopsy yesterday showed '0 NSR' and that is as good as it gets.  Blood work showed no HIV or Hepatitis B.  Yes, they do test before hand, but if the donor contracted a disease in the last two weeks prior to transplant, it would not have shown up. 

In a prior blog, we posted that there was a 12 second run of a-fib while sleeping one night.  The question has been asked if the new heart was tested for a-fib.  No one I talked to thought so.  It seems that a pacemaker would be the way to test for it.  I remember when I first had a-fib they attached a monitor to me for a day or two to see if I had an episode. 

I've been a bit wobbly since the surgery and the strides that I have made just today are great.  Balance is better, walking is surer and strides are longer.  Not doing any racing yet, don't ask.  I am just happy to not look like a drunk.  I was able to shower again today, then we went to get my hair cut.  Starting to get back to normal.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home