4/29/16 evening update
Good news is that diabetes hasn't raised its ugly head. It seems to happen to transplant patients due
to both the surgery itself and some of the meds. Prednisone especially. New world in that the testing is done four
times daily. There is now a new respect
for diabetics. I am almost always in
range, only four times out needing insulin.
Once so low they brought juice and candy. The best part is that it may not be a long
term thing. It might go down to testing
once daily and then away as the med levels are reduced.
I had my first shower and hair wash in 19 days. WOO-HOO that
felt good! Maybe appreciated by all
around. They do supply a daily wash two
part system that needs to be used to lower the chances of infection. But not the same as a shower.
I went down for a Thoracentesis today at 2:30 and was back
at 3:35. They drained 800 ccs of blood
from around the left lung. The blood was
sent to the lab to analyze. If there is
no danger, all could be good. On Monday
they will recheck, (x-ray or ultrasound) to see the fluid accumulation is
back. That would keep me in here more
days. I'm learning that there are no definites
in here. Everything is
"fluid".
I asked about going outside and was given permission if I am
not connected to a drain line or I/V pole.
I am hoping for some sun tomorrow and Sunday. I think I liken it to the exercise hour that
prisoners get in the big house.
Jen shared this with us today: A billionaire in Brazil was
going to bury his Bentley car. He made
this big production about it and then at the ceremony revealed his true
intentions..."People condemn me because I wanted to bury a million dollar
Bentley, in fact most people bury something a lot more valuable than my
car," Scarpa said during a speech at the ceremony. "They bury hearts, livers, lungs, eyes,
kidneys. This is absurd. So many people waiting for a transplant and
you will bury your healthy organs that will save so many lives."
I can see that there are many of you looking at the
blog. Today so far, 109, though some may
be duplicate followers. I really
appreciate all of you. Thanks for your
interest.
John

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home