Tuesday, April 26, 2016

4/26/16 update


 
Medical stuff.  The only thing being done today is an analysis of the fluid draining from the chest cavity.  Depending on what it is made of, they may continue on the path of diuretics that we are on.  I've lost two kilos each of the last two days.  (Everything is metric in the hospital world.)  Weight is now 183 pounds.  The fluid composition may allow a new protocol (everything is a protocol in here) involving albumin, a blood protein.  Infusions of albumin either via oral or I/V.  We should know tomorrow.

Fun stuff.  The Chair of Cardiology for the entire Medical Center is the attending physician for last week and this.  Very knowledgeable guy.  Anyway, the does 'rounds' with some other docs and nurses each morning and they review the last 24 hours and make changes as necessary. Very professional.

So, this morning he comes in with his team and spots my Jack Reacher book 'Personal'.  Sits on the edge of the bed, ignores the team and asks if I like the Reacher series.  I say 'yes' and he asks if I saw the movie.  I say 'yes' and he launches into what were they thinking casting Tom Cruise as Reacher.  Reacher is a character of 6'5" and 250 pounds.  Why cast a runt in that role he asks.  I say the Duane Johnson, 'the Rock' would have been better.  He says the Rock would be better size-wise but they could actually find  someone to play Reacher that could actually act.  Suggested Liam Neeson had size and could act. 

Once that was done, he returned to being a doctor and did the morning team work.  Loved to see that side of him.

Pretty slow day.  Second biopsy tomorrow and a clinic appointment the day after.  Busy day.  Times are scheduled but since I am inpatient they could bump me out of my time slot for someone that needs a biopsy quicker.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home