Thursday, April 21, 2016

4/21/16 3pm


I told John that it feels like after having a balcony cabin, going back to an inside cabin.  We actually are in the very same room that we were in last summer when he got the LVAD.  It is fine, but about half the size and 60 years older.  I feel blessed that we did have the room with the view for seven more days than we needed.  We have walked over there already one time this afternoon.  One of our favorite nurses, Beti took us outside for about 10 minutes between rooms.  It was nice to have the fresh air and sunshine on our backs.  I unpacked us and John is taking a nap now.  The nurses here on 5NE have been congratulating us and welcoming us back.

Medically, not much to report.  Over the past 25 hours the output from his drainage tube was another 280cc which is too much to pull the tube.  Twenty four hours after the tube is pulled we need OT to do the shower training.  So we are here till at least Monday. 

The pharmacist came in today to have me change two of the meds.  We ran into one of the VAD coordinators in the hall while we were walking.  She reminded me of some of the symptoms John had on the first day that I had totally forgotten about.  It's amazing how your mind puts some negative memories to the background.  A dietician came in to talk to us about protein needs over the next six weeks to promote healing.  She also answered some dietary questions John had.

John's blood glucose levels have been 100 and 138, so no insulin.

That's about all I know now, more later.

Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home