Thursday, April 28, 2016

4.28/16 update



Good grief!  Another YO-YO day

Happy news.  I was looking at the docs reports online and discovered that this heart has a 64% ejection fraction (EF) which is very normal  I have been operating on an 18 ef for years.  So I should feel much better now that my ef  is within normal range

Happy new.  Biopsy results came back reading 0 NSR (no significant rejection) the best possible result.

Happy news.  I shouldn't be on Torsemide, my diuretic when home.  Unless there is a weight gain.

Not so good news.  Had a 12 second run of atrial fibrillation while asleep last night.  They will monitor it.

Not so good news.  I had an x-ray at 9am. We were told that if it is ok the drainage tube would come out today.  But, the x-ray showed pleural effusions both side.  That is liquid around the lungs.  So they ordered a C/T scan to get a closer view of the lung area.  Decision was made to remove the chest drainage tube and that was done.  But, C/T scan showed more liquid than expected so a drainage procedure might be done tomorrow.  Now it is less likely that we will be home for the weekend.

OK enough of the bummer stuff.  I will have to wait 12 weeks from surgery before I am allowed to drive.  That falls nicely on July 4th.  Independence day twice!  Can't wait.

We need authorization from  our prescription insurance to cover the anti rejection medication.  Everyone says it's just a hoop to go through.  We called the insurance company and they called back quickly with the authorization.

Final bad news.  at 5:30, while I was writing this blog post, Dr. Rossow stopped by.  Because of the fluid around the lungs and the need to remove it, there is only a 10% chance of being home for the weekend.  Big bummer.

A note of no consequence.  We have the neighbor from hell right next door.  She is loud and always complaining.  Not enough crackers or cookies delivered.  And not quickly enough.  Very, very different from all other patients.  Maybe her schooling missed the part about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home