Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5/3/16 Early update


After writing the blog last night, I walked down to the nurse's desk where there is a magazine rack to get a new one.  The rack is between knee height and ankle height.  I squatted down to put my magazine away and my feet in hospital socks slipped and I got dumped on my left bum.  Flying nurses, all concerned, "did you pass out, are you light-headed?" etc.  Wheel chair him back to the room.  Check his blood pressure a few times.  On and on.  The bad part, or inconvenient part, is that I have lost my "Independent Mobility" rating.  I have been downgraded to where I need a nurse with me to get out of bed or back in.  I'll be able to walk halls with Colleen and I hope to have the mobility status reinstated.  No bruise on the left bum.  It wasn't that far to go to hit bottom.  (OOH a really bad, unintentional pun).  The ego is bruised, took a beating. ~ John

3 Comments:

Anonymous mom said...

What a bummer(bunner?). Maybe you wanted more attention from the nurses- a cute one?

Rita and I are reading this together - feeling sorry for you and praying of course.

Love,Mom and Rita

May 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger john (:>))) said...

too early for squats!
ada

May 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM  
Anonymous sis Sally said...

ask them to put the mag.stand up higher! others have probably had similar falls. most grown people are not toddler height. advocate for yourself and others and tell them i said so! like that would get you anywhere. : ) Love you to pieces, Sally

May 3, 2016 at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home