Saturday Morning
John had a restless night last night. With the increased diuretics and no catheter,
he was up quite often. They removed the
large tube from his neck. So all that he
has left is his PICC line and his drainage tubes.
He was in good spirits when I arrived. He shaved and brushed his teeth. Then
we ordered breakfast of peaches and scrambled eggs. He thought the peaches were sour, I tried
them, they were fine. I think his taste
buds are off. Then on his first bite of
eggs he started gagging and lost the peaches.
At least he hadn't just had his pills like last night.
Occupational Therapy came to take him for his first walk, so
we switched his power to batteries. He
took a short walk around the ICU which tired him out, so back to bed. We tried some strawberry Ensure to get some
protien. About 15 minutes later, that
came back up. He is resting now.
I am going to take a couple of hours off now. Jen is here and I have a few errands to run.
Colleen

1 Comments:
Are they concerned that he is throwing everything up? Doesn't seem good. Still praying for him to get better soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home