Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday Morning


After my almost two hour commute, I finally arrived at the hospital at 7:30 to find John sitting in his chair.  He had been there since 6.  He didn't sleep well due to pain, so they gave him some pain meds and moved him to the chair.  We got the shaving and tooth brushing done .  By 9 he was nodding off, so it was back to bed.  Pain is still a big issue.  They are reevaluating the dosages they are giving him.  It's hard to move forward when he is hurting so much.  I told them that he is a highly motivated person and he wants to walk, but when it hurts so much he just can't.  As of 9:30 he was sound asleep and I have asked that the door stay closed for at least an hour.  

I am hoping that they can do the follow up swallow study this morning.  He has been using a mouth swab to moisten his mouth and swallows that small amount well, no coughing or choking.  I'm thinking he is ready for the feeding tube to come out and start eating clear liquids and swallowing pills.

Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home