9.28.2016 update
It is my first unanticipated visit to the UW Medical
Center. I had contacted my team
yesterday morning to give them a list of symptoms that I have been having. Tired, no appetite, cough, diarrhea. I went in in the morning to explain the
symptoms and have some tests done. We
expected to hear back re: labs on Wednesday but Dr. Masri called at dinner time
to tell me that I had CMV, a virus that most have had but not me. My donor had the antibodies for it. It seems to be fairly common post transplant
due to the suppressed immune system. It
requires IV administration of a particular drug, gancyclovir. No word yet, but looks like may 3-4 days
inpatient then the same med in pill form at home.
I've had a EKG and and echo today. Lots of docs, fellows and students
today. Tomorrow will bring a colonoscopy
with biopsy to confirm CMV and eliminate cdiff.
So the fasting started at 1pm and the prep will begin at five pm and
then again in the early morning. No time
scheduled for the procedure. It'll be
whenever they have time. The make
appointments for outpatients and fit in the inpatients as there is time.
We will know more, hopefully, tomorrow and we will post another
blog.
John & Colleen

1 Comments:
Glad you got checked out and that help is on the way. Keep us posted. Love you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home