6/23/16 update
Wednesday was the usual every two weeks blood test, biopsy
and visit with Staff. This time it was Dr. Masri. The white blood cell count has been low
several tests in a row and the Mycophenolate had been cut to zero a week ago to
try to raise the count. This was Dr
Masri's main concern and she is watching it closely. The prednisone dose was lowered again and
that may help. She listed some other meds
that might need adjusting to raise the cell count. Blood pressure has been higher that she likes,
so after the cardiac rehab staff checks my blood pressure on Monday I need to
call in the results. Dr Masri wants it no
higher than 140/90. There is still the
thought that needing to take the blood pressure on the forearm (due to the
blood clots) might contribute to the high readings. But if the rehab readings are high I will be
put on a blood pressure medication. I
can be taken off the blood pressure meds easily. But there have been fairly constant headaches
and high blood pressure can cause that.
Dr. Fishbine, the surgeon who did the biopsy, said the
pressures were all good and everything looks great. Dr Masri went further and said it pumps like
a child's heart and said it like it was a good thing. The biopsy results came Friday afternoon and
the results were great. 0 NSR, Zero No
Significant Rejection. The best result
attainable. All in all, another good
visit. One more every two week biopsy,
then they are only monthly for a few months.
The Run of the Mill, the 5K race in Mill Creek is Saturday
and I will walk it. I walked the route
on Tuesday and had no problem so I will finish it.
Freedom! I got my
driving privileges resumed on Monday after 10 weeks. Still two more weeks of sternum
precautions. Looking forward to resuming
lawn mowing. Co is not thrilled with
that duty, but I'm looking forward to it.
Dr Masri also gave us permission to go on a short cruise
this fall. Yeah, our life is getting
back to normal. We will be booking a
seven day cruise from Vancouver BC to Los Angeles with six ports in October
over our anniversary.
John

1 Comments:
Yay for cruising ... and without diet restrictions!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home